Monday, May 9, 2011

    I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I know that I did. It would have been a perfect day if my son had cleaned his room..oh well....I guess he will have to do it this week or he will kill himself when he falls into the tons of Lego's scattered all over the floor. Just gotta love 6 year olds.

   Would you like to finish off your projects (especially smaller ones) without spending a fortune? When I was in the shop recently, I saw the cutest finishing technique. It was called a flat fold. The project is stretched to a board and then attached to some fabric covered boards so that it resembles a tent. It can be finished off with some cording around the edge. This would be perfect for seasonal projects because it would be easier to store after the season is over. 


      The pictures show a flat fold from the front and from the side. You can see how it sits (kinda like a tent).
 The flower shown is from the funky Flowers Garden (By the Bay Needleart). There are 12 flower designs available now and 12 more to come. To see a picture of all the flowers visit bythebayneedleart.blogspot.com
There are several projects finished like this in the store so come by and have a look. Maggie will be having a flat fold class on Saturday July 16 from 9:00am to 11:00am. It costs $25.00 plus supplies. Please call the shop to reserve your spot since class size is limited.

Summer Alphabet by Lizzie Kate

     This fun design features colorful summer motifs (garden and beach scenes, sunflowers and more) and a fancy sampler-like border around each letter. Embellishments include golden sunglasses, shell charms and tiny brown buttons. You can stitch the whole alphabet or you can pick different letters to spell out words like "welcome" or some other phrase. The Spring Alphabet is also available (which means we can probably expect a fall and winter).


Project in the works!!!!

Farmer's Market by SamSarah Design Studio

SamSarah design Studio has created a series of 6 designs featuring fresh fruit. Melon, Lime, and Berry are available now. Carol has started this series and it is sooooo cute. Moe has made the most adorable watermelon pincushion to go with it. Instead of using it as a pincushion, you could add a hanger and make a fun fruit tree or even a fruit bowl. I'll keep you informed on Carol's progress. Don't worry, she stitches fast.
Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon and I'll blog again later in the week.
Happy Stitching!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm happy to see y'all have a blog now ~ so much more enabling... Welcome to blogland, dear Ladies! :) And you know I love your shop!

    Oh, Moe, I am so loving your adorable pincushion... way too cute! And Carol your new stitchy project is lovely... And I do love Maggie's flatfolds... If I were a wee bit closer I would be there for all the classes and the Tuesday stitch nights as well... :) I know y'all have loads of fun stitching together!

    Blessings always in stitches...
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently saw a quilted project with little fruit pincushions and thought they were the cutest, until this! Adorable, Moe and Carol.

    ReplyDelete