Monday, October 3, 2011

My brain disappeared but hopefully will be back!

Oops!....Last week, I forgot to show another design that is coming soon from Just Nan. I can't possibly figure out how I missed it because it is too cute. I guess my mind has finally gone. Oh well, it should show up again soon (I hope).

Emma & Eliza's Christmas Hat
This is the 3rd part in their adventures.
This festive hat features a fully decorated tree on a sparkling white tree skirt with a silver and white snowflake pin. The kit includes a complete stitch guide, beads, 2 colors of satin cord, fusible interfacing, fleece, chipboard circle and the snowflake pin. What a cute tree! This is a limited edition design. Please let the shop know if you would like one.


Well, since I had to let you know what I forgot last Friday, I might as well let you know about some other things. 
New kits from Mill Hill: Jim Shore Fairies

Cupcake Fairy                                Needlework Fairy

Ornament Fairy                                          Yarn Fairy


What a cool idea!

The Drawn Thread has designed a series of monthly calendar covers. Each piece, stitched on 32ct. linen, finishes 3" x 6" and can be made to fit a standard monthly pocket calendar. However, there are lots of options with these designs. You could make little stand ups with one or more of the designs or you could even stitch all 12 designs together on one piece of fabric (see picture below). They look great together.

All 12 calendar covers stitched together


Need something to do with your group?

Looking for a group craft project? Want to teach someone (or a group of people) how to stitch? Check out the following kits. They would be great to use with a church group, Girl Scouts, a school group or an individual.

Dimensions has a great line of beginner kits called "Learn a Craft". They are perfect for beginning stitchers of all ages. Each kit contains cotton thread, 11 count aida fabric, a hoop to use for stitching and framing, needle and instructions. I would have loved one of these kits when I started stitching (many...many...years ago). My first piece , a brown owl, was perfect to start with but these kits are just more colorful and fun.

Cupcake                      Panda                              Robot

Bumblebee                    Cool Fins                 Rock Star

First to Smile                  Girls Rule                       Friends
        
Happy Wings                 Ladybug              My Salamander


Bucilla also has a fun line of beginner kits. Each one includes 14 count aida fabric, 3" plastic frame, pre-sorted cotton floss (wrapped on a bobbin), needle, chart and instructions.

 
Cupcake                     Dog                           Earth

Flip Flops                     Flower                       Peace

Although these kits seem to be geared towards kids, they would still be a great start for any adult wanting to learn to stitch.

Well, that's it for today. I will blog again at the end of the week and maybe my brain will actually work (one can only hope). Have a great week! I am off the the grocery store (yuck!!!).

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the Drawn Thread project. It must be the clean lines and rich colors. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete