Monday, July 14, 2014

Back to work. Vacation is over :(



I'm now back from vacation. My family and I had a great time in DC but it is nice to be back at home. I spent most of the weekend doing laundry and unfortunately, very little stitching. Although, I was able to stitch some in the hotel. Hopefully, I will be able to finish my "travel" project this week.

I'm going to post some items that may have already arrived in the shop as well as, things that are on the way. It looks like I missed out on some great things while I was gone and I want to share what I found with you.


NEW     NEW     NEW     NEW     NEW     NEW    

From Country Cottage Needleworks
A new 12 part series will be releasing in mid-August called....

Country Cottage Ornaments - Classic Collection

The ornaments in this series will all be different sizes and done with a variety of fabrics and flosses. A button from Just Another Button Co. will also be used but it is optional. It is not included with the designs. In keeping with the "classic" Christmas theme, all the ornaments will be done in the colors of red, green and white. The first ornament will release in August and is called "Angels".  Sign up now! You don't want to miss out on this wonderful new series.


From Little House Needleworks
The final part in the Sun, Moon & Stars series. I like these designs together. It would make a nice shop model. I think I will suggest it. I'm sure that Carol needs something to do (ha ha).

Under the Sun
part 3 in the Sun, Moon & Stars series

Sun, Moon & Stars - all 3 parts together


From CM Designs
I love this design. The simplicity of it is truly wonderful and the best part is that the embellishments come with the design. You do not have to go looking for buttons and 
lace:)

Blossom


From Kelmscott
New needle minders and scissors. 

                   Teapot                                Folk Art Uncle Sam
         Needle Minder                             Needle Minder




     
Roly Poly Scissors
These 3.5" scissors have round handles with long,
sharp and pointy blades. They are available in 3 colors:
Primitive, Red, and Silver.


From The Cross Eyed Cricket

July

August


With Thy Needle & Thread
Three beautiful new samplers. It's hard to pick a favorite. 

Mary Jane Smallman 1836

Heart of the Home Sampler

Sampler Hill


From Homespun Elegance
"Wine Is" is the first design in a new collection called A Joyful Life. This collection is all about those little or big things that bring us joy, happiness, etc.  Sometimes it might be just a saying that you may relate to. I can relate to "Coffee is a cup of Bliss". I'm having my 2nd cup of bliss right now :)


 
Wine Is... Coffee Is... Tea is
(all three designs are in one leaflet)

A Halloween Year II - Double Trouble


From Threadwork Primitives
What a cute pillow. I just might have to add this design to my stash. 

Anchor of Pride


From Kathy Barrick
Rodney is a companion piece to another design called Rebecca. They do make quite an adorable pair.

 
  Rodney                           Rebecca


From Elizabeth's Designs
Three new letters in the alphabet series.

R is for Rabbits                           S is for Sheep

T is for Threads


From Pineberry Lane

Hurrah Sampler Pillow


X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 

STITCHING TIPS
 AND 
TECHNIQUES



Thread Length - How Long should you cut your thread?

Well, I suggest using a length that is comfortable for you but remember, if you try to work with a really long length, it tends to tangle and get knotted. If you work with a short length, you will be threading your needle more often. A recommended length is 18" - 20" or twice that if the thread will be doubled for the loop method. Again, find a length that works for you. Also, metallic threads should be cut a little shorter to help prevent fraying.


X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 


For Your Information

Now through August 31, 2014
The Stitch and Frame Shop will be having....

CYBER SUNDAYS


A 10% discount will be given on all ONLINE orders that are received 
on Sundays now through August 31, 2014.

This discount CANNOT be combined with birthday discounts, other sales or coupons.
It also EXCLUDES custom framing, lights, magnifiers, stitching stands and scroll frames.

Also, orders over $150.00 will ship for FREE!



Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment